Garmin incident detection

GeekEcosse

Oct 24, 2018
Edinburgh
Garmin has pulled incident detection from the MTB and eMTB activities.

Be aware if you think you have this protection in place when riding alone.

If this impacts you could I ask that you follow this thread and send an email as per the note on page 1.

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I guess its because it was too easy to trigger it without there being an actual incident when riding rocky/steep stuff.

There is one rocky descent I ride where the incident detection is always triggered incorrectly and I have 30 seconds to cancel it before it sends an SMS to my contacts.

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
Thanks for the tip! I've raised a couple of issues around incident detection with them:
- Whenever it goes off - and whether you cancel it in time or not - it kills the trip recording.
- There is no control over vibrations on the watch (I have a Venu), which means that every time you stop or finish a "lap", the watch vibrates. This means that I only ever noticed that the incident detection had activated was when my wife called me in the middle of the next decent!

Pretty crappy of them to just delete this function rather than fixing it.

In any case, there is no bloody MTB activity on my Venu, let alone eMTB, just Bike. So I guess I still have the function :)

Marksou

Dec 24, 2021
Llanbedrog
It went off a couple of times on the Downs Link last week on my Edge 530. Perhaps it thought I was in danger of drowning? :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles