E-Bike Frames

jsalas2

Apr 6, 2018
San antonio, Tx
From the Foes Facebook page -
https://www.facebook.com/FoesRacing...1Jkfk0AEWgvGygBvZvXOentVBmDIvIthwvitaSMQVQdnw

Foes Racing USA

Like This Page · January 16 ·

E-bike testing at Bonelli park last Friday. It's coming! We are finalizing geometry, travel, BB height, price, & name. Working towards a May possible June release date. Will be available in frame only and full build options, custom color options, mixed wheel design, with Shimano Steps drive. #ebike #aluminumwelding #madeintheusa #alloyisthefuture
https://www.facebook.com/FoesRacing...1Jkfk0AEWgvGygBvZvXOentVBmDIvIthwvitaSMQVQdnw

Foes Racing USA

Like This Page · January 16 ·

49949648_10156237526793985_4532922198028976128_n.jpg

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Be cool to see the boutique brands take on emtb’s. Break some moulds and fill some gaps in the market

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
Given that’s it probably in it’s death throes I can’t see anyone other than some random Chinese manufacturer offering anything for it. Which will be woefully out of date anyway.

Russell

Dec 16, 2018
Iow
That's odd, I emailed orange and they said Shimano wouldn't let them sell just the frames.

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
What sort of frame are you looking for? Enduro, downhill, trail?

Dirtnvert

Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
You mean like intense

Haaa no but it might be their only bike I’d ride. Chinese plastic bike with poor customer service. I’m thinking real boutique. In house fabrication. What’s funny is back in the day foes and intense mostly cracked trying to build too light. Banshee built heavy but contracted out to the orient and got misalignment issues without in house quality control. Somewhere in the middle and combine in house without going too light. Motor will drag an extra pound or two. Canfield should restructure and make emtb’s. In house, durable progressive geo w/o the trendy crazy long chainstays we’re now seeing from others(just need more SO)and good customer service from them. 140r/160f 29” toir emtb, 165r/170f 27.5 balance acoustic bike, and a 180r/180-200f 27.5/29 Jedi emtb.
Or Guerrilla gravity with their current wonder bike in an emtb. Fresh innovation from hungry builders

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I emailed a lot of manufacturers that used the shimano system (which I know you don't want) when I was looking to move all the bits over from my Ideal Traxxer & all the big ones said no, a couple of the smaller ones would but as it has been said that shimano don't allow it then I don't think I should mention them on here just in case they get into trouble, but if anyone wants one for the steps system then PM me & I will pass on the details.
Cheers.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
I would guess it would be frame and motor, so you could then build the bike with the parts you wanted

Tim29

Jul 10, 2018
Left the building
I have seen most the motor manufacturer deny the larger companies the right to sell motors.
I would speculate because there buying power.
I also have seen that both Bose and shimano have denied sales of drive units to those who don’t have approved battery packs.
You can buy the steps drive unit with there battery packs.
But they would not sell me just the drive unit without there battery packs unless i had an approved battery pack in USA.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
You can buy just the drive unit in Europe, and all the component parts separately - the appeal to me is to be able to swap over the drivetrain/motor/battery from existing bike to a new one.

khorn

Patreon
Jul 19, 2018
Denmark
Here is a frame option if you are brave ;)

EMTB carbon HT frame

As a matter of fact I know Peter who owns XMCarbon and he has a very good reputation and the stuff I have bought from him has been ok.

Karsten

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles