Bosch gen 4 noise

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Out on me trek today lovely ride out in the sun I'm up around the 660 miles now motor is super smooth when pedalling but the motor noise when your not pedalling is definitely getting louder especially when you first put that pressure on the pedals if you do it quick stab on the pedals there is a loud clunk when the motor engages going down a local trail today downhill is sounded like a load of loose nuts rattling around hope Bosch can come up with some sort of cure for this

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
They have said they're working on this.

Internally I believe they have teams from three different divisions working on alternative solutions.

So far, they've only released details and images from the "Harmony Development Team" .

Apparently you zip tie this (which will be provided free) to your downtube and you can't hear the noise anymore.

nuts.jpeg

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Done another 30 miles today and starting to get pissed off with that Bosch motor shouldn't get that much noise from a nearly 5 grand bike

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Spoke to bike shop about the noise from the Bosch gen 4 motor and I'm not the first person to complain about this but basically it looks like we have to put up with the noise from the motor as it's not broke so it's working as it should do nothing wrong with the bike so don't think you can get refund there if Bosch can't come up with some sort of fix for this they will have a lot of unhappy customers

Cdunn22

May 10, 2020
Glasgow
I’ve bee
Out on me trek today lovely ride out in the sun I'm up around the 660 miles now motor is super smooth when pedalling but the motor noise when your not pedalling is definitely getting louder especially when you first put that pressure on the pedals if you do it quick stab on the pedals there is a loud clunk when the motor engages going down a local trail today downhill is sounded like a load of loose nuts rattling around hope Bosch can come up with some sort of cure for this
ive been lucky on the noise side of things but after 400miles I’ve got a fault code 503 on my Cube Stereo race 140 and motor isn’t going

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I’ve bee

ive been lucky on the noise side of things but after 400miles I’ve got a fault code 503 on my Cube Stereo race 140 and motor isn’t going

I believe that's a sensor error. Does you bike have a spoke magnet or one attached to the rear hub?

If the former, make sure the magnet hasn't slipped or turned out of alignment with the sensor.

If the latter, check to see whether the magnet is still there. A few have gone missing in action to the extent that folks are sticking them in place with superglue. You might be lucky and it's flipped out of the holder and has attached itself somewhere else on the wheel.

MsO

Dec 11, 2018
swindon
Well all that bloody noise coming from my bike turned out to be the rear cassette slightly loose took it off cleaned it up put it back on and now a lovely silent bike going over the bumps couldn't believe the amount off noise it made ?

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Well all that bloody noise coming from my bike turned out to be the rear cassette slightly loose took it off cleaned it up put it back on and now a lovely silent bike going over the bumps couldn't believe the amount off noise it made ?

Glad to hear(!) you've cleared that up easily. :ROFLMAO:

Now go enjoy your bike! ?‍♂️?

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Thanks I will try that??

Not sure if you'd found this link in one of the previous posts. (Sorry, I've forgotten who posted it, but he did me a huge favour).

The manual is only of interest from page 112 onwards. It also shows you the plug locations on page 114.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles