Bosch Ebike connect

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Hi G,
I’d be interested to find out how much and the functionality of the new Nyon is going to be before you decide. It would have to be able to run OS maps and route planning off device and track recording etc as per ViewRanger to make me think about an upgrade.

I was originally going to upgrade but have decided that the both the Kiox and the Nyon are too exposed and vulnerable. I've already smashed a Garmin Edge 1000 a couple of times and now ride with it in my backpack/pocket when I'm on tricky terrain. I don't see that being possible with either the Nyon or Kiox. Perhaps I'll go for the Smartphone Hub, because at least it's still possible to ride with just the headset in place.

Still undecided as to whether I need it, so I shall be waiting. Can't ride anyway, at the moment. The lockdown here in Spain does not allow any exercise time - and certainly no bike riding.

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Brackley Northamptonshire
I was originally going to upgrade but have decided that the both the Kiox and the Nyon are too exposed and vulnerable. I've already smashed a Garmin Edge 1000 a couple of times and now ride with it in my backpack/pocket when I'm on tricky terrain. I don't see that being possible with either the Nyon or Kiox. Perhaps I'll go for the Smartphone Hub, because at least it's still possible to ride with just the headset in place.

Still undecided as to whether I need it, so I shall be waiting. Can't ride anyway, at the moment. The lockdown here in Spain does not allow any exercise time - and certainly no bike riding.

Ouch that sounds expensive, you must be Sam Pilgrims level lol.
I don’t think there is a complete solution yet so I’m going to do the same as you and wait.
The Knox pulls all the data including the tracks you have done, apart from the elevation issue which prompted me to start the thread. Hopefully Bosch will sort this out eventually. I’ll keep using View ranger on my phone for navigation of trails and Bridleways etc.
Wow that must be tough not being able to get out, I feel for you! Stay safe over there and hopefully it won’t be to long before you can get out on the trails.
Cheers

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Ouch that sounds expensive, you must be Sam Pilgrims level lol.

I wish! Then I wouldn't have fallen off. I'm more of a disciple of the @Zimmerframe Crash & Burn School.

First time wasn't really my fault, there was a wire pulled across the track (I think by a forgetful farmer, rather than malicious). The second time was a deep rut on a 40% gradient (I measured it later) which had a drop off. When my eyes saw the drop, my left hand refused to let go of the front brake, no matter how much I discussed the matter with it... :rolleyes:

Wow that must be tough not being able to get out, I feel for you! Stay safe over there and hopefully it won’t be to long before you can get out on the trails.

It's starting to get really stale now. Trouble is we have a government which makes some really mystifying decisions. Kids aren't allowed out either and have been bottled up now for nearly 6 weeks. Yesterday it was announced that from Sunday they would be allowed out but only to accompany a parent to the supermarket! It took 12 hours of internet rage before the politician who came up with that announcement decided that he really meant that kids shouldn't go to the supermarket with their parents (only one parent, mind!) but could go out for a supervised walk for 30-60 minutes. Made for some good internet memes though:

CaptureF.JPG

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
I wish! Then I wouldn't have fallen off. I'm more of a disciple of the @Zimmerframe Crash & Burn School.

First time wasn't really my fault, there was a wire pulled across the track (I think by a forgetful farmer, rather than malicious). The second time was a deep rut on a 40% gradient (I measured it later) which had a drop off. When my eyes saw the drop, my left hand refused to let go of the front brake, no matter how much I discussed the matter with it... :rolleyes:

It's starting to get really stale now. Trouble is we have a government which makes some really mystifying decisions. Kids aren't allowed out either and have been bottled up now for nearly 6 weeks. Yesterday it was announced that from Sunday they would be allowed out but only to accompany a parent to the supermarket! It took 12 hours of internet rage before the politician who came up with that announcement decided that he really meant that kids shouldn't go to the supermarket with their parents (only one parent, mind!) but could go out for a supervised walk for 30-60 minutes. Made for some good internet memes though:

View attachment 29513
Unlucky on the first one especially if you couldn't see the wire. 40˚ is v steep and I only did a similar one the other day when I dropped down an old disused railway embankment which is the first time I've used my dropper post in anger lol. I know what you mean with the front brake especially when you are in survival mode (where's my ABS ?) I have front brake on the right as I've ridden motorcycles for over twenty years and didn't want to give my brain something else to think about. I have only been MTB since last June when I bought a full suspension Vitus Gravir 1 which I still have and ride occasionally. I bought it to keep fit and after talking to my next-door neighbour who had an old MTB who also said he needed to get out and get fitter. I wasn't planning on going EMTB for a couple of years but my Cube came up in the January sales so I couldn't help myself. I still consider myself very much a beginner and definitely in the @Zimmerframe club. I marvel at some of the skills my other friends have who have been doing it since the mid nineties.

Blimey cooped up for all that time you must be going stir crazy. I hope you have a garden you can go in or is that not allowed? Funny pic of the kids, can you imagine what there going to be like when this is finally over. I'd sell any shares you have in games console companies because they'll never want to be inside again.
I wish we had had the leadership of the NZ prime minister (Jacinda Ardern) what a leader she has turned out to be.
I bought my wife a Cube Kathmandu EBike for Christmas which arrived end of Feb. We can now get out together on the quiet country lanes and they have been a god send during lock down. its a step through as she has no interest on going on the trails.
Pic of my muddy Cube (Pre dropper post) just before a good a clean, after a twenty mile ride on the trails back 1st March.
Stay well G

Dirty Cube.jpg

roccobarocco

Feb 26, 2020
Germany
Its good to see that the Kiox is getting a simple Navigation function and the ability creating individual ride screens. According to the page the Bluetooth connectivity is also improved with this update.

Lets see...

Cheers Greg

Jasext

Mar 27, 2020
Swansea Valley
Ive started another thread bu thought i would ask here too.
I have planned a number of rides on komoot and sent them to the kiox, all done successfully and the route is showing on the kiox, the problem is after about 5 mins riding the kiox map goes off and it goes back to original screen and says please connect a device or something, The phone and everything else says its connected. its getting irritating now as it does this every time

Vfour800

Feb 24, 2020
Hi All, has anyone managing to get ascent and decent data on the Kiox yet? My friend has just bought a 2021 Cube with a Kiox display and his is exactly the same.
cheers

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
Hi All, has anyone managing to get ascent and decent data on the Kiox yet? My friend has just bought a 2021 Cube with a Kiox display and his is exactly the same.
cheers
it's beeing worked on and is a known issue. you should frequent this forum. There is actually Bosch representatives that you can ask all your questions. they answer them too

Hamina

E*POWAH Master
Mar 22, 2020
FIN
What are your latest thoughts on Bosch eBike Connect? Does it add some real value compared to for example Garmin Edge 530?

It seems still to be a touringstyle app with crappy useless navigation and it can't upload all the same specs as Specialized Levo can do through Edge devices to Strava.

Btw. this thread could be in General or Bosch specific forum.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles