ISSUE Warning: Crestline RS180 RideWrap install diagrams numbering order is all f’ed up!

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
As the title says, the install diagram, for the custom fit version, that tells you which pieces, on the big ‘ole sheet, go where is totally wrong except for #1 😤😂😣

I will post a full renumbering once I figure out which little squiggly piece goes where.

This is gonna require more Tequila.

IMG_1089.jpeg

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Ok, so the big thing to know is that they combined piece 1 & 3 into a single piece but that didn’t just throw everything off by 1 number…oh no, it’s like they sniffed a bunch of model glue and went for a totally inconsistent numbering scheme.

Good thing I like puzzles because a lot of the shapes are so seemingly random that it became a process of elimination to figure out what went where for at least 3 of the 32 pieces. 🤦🏻‍♂️

I’m down to the last big pieces and have figured out where everything goes and will share the numbering map today once I get the last pieces onto the frame.

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Here is a map that I created as I puzzled through the process. The map takes the piece number from the instruction page (3D render) and maps it to the shape on the film sheet.

You’ll have to zoom in to see the handwritten numbers on the stickies.

I sent RideWrap an email about the problem as well as this map, hopefully, they'll get it sorted out so that no one else gets to enjoy this.

Also dropping Troydon a note so that he’s aware and can warn anyone that is planning to wrap their RS180.

IMG_1105.jpeg

Last edited:

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Thanks for this! Putting ride wrap on my rs180 this week. So this will be super helpful
Because I was trying to figure out the shapes, I didn’t follow the order of putting the pieces on the bike so it was probably a bit harder than it needed to be but overall it wasn’t as bad as I expected. The most annoying pieces were the area down by the bottom bracket and the biggest piece for the downtube…hope it goes more smoothly for you now that you have a map that’s correct.

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
Here is a map that I created as I puzzled through the process. The map takes the piece number from the instruction page (3D render) and maps it to the shape on the film sheet.

You’ll have to zoom in to see the handwritten numbers on the stickies.

I sent RideWrap an email about the problem as well as this map, hopefully, they'll get it sorted out so that no one else gets to enjoy this.

Also dropping Troydon a note so that he’s aware and can warn anyone that is planning to wrap their RS180.

View attachment 139851
Troydon confirmed that he's also going to reach out to RideWrap to let them know about the issue as he just heard from another person about this same issue. 👍

Sanguinaire

Subscriber
May 7, 2024
Dunedin, NZ
Quick question. Did you take off the chainstay protector and then put it back on once you had applied the ride wrap?

Does it stick back on ok? Any tips 😀

Arethustra

Subscriber
Apr 22, 2024
Bay Area, CA
My bike has just arrrived! I see that the chainstay is not yet attached - yay :)
You don’t need to take off the chainstay armor; the film piece there fits perfectly in between the upper and lower portions.

Might actually be more annoying to try and get it in place without than with with the chainstay in place as you’ll need to guess where it will be.

Mine was already installed and I had no issues.

I was also going to say that I bought some additional frame protector film and have been adding in a few extra bits as they don't cover some of the places I always get branch hits like the very front of the upper pivot on the rear triangle (just above brake hole for the brake hose)...when you finish your install you'll probably see what I mean. Good luck with the wrap install! I have mine out baking in the sun so that I can dry up the bubbles that are filled with install solution (hate this part) and then deal with any air bubbles. Also decided to wrap my new Zeb since it's super high gloss and looks like it will be a scratch magnet...

Jcolborn48

Apr 13, 2020
California
This is interesting , I just wrapped mine last week and everything was perfect, numbers matched up etc…
Also if anyone is looking for a matte ride wrap kit for a Crestline, I have one I’ll get rid of for a steal

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles