• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

SRAM AXS Reverb reverse sag.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
When the seat is not all the way up (fully extended) is the post supposed to slide up a little when I lift the bike by the seat?
it's not at all saging down.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
Yeah when I lift my bike (seat all the way down) by the seat it does come up a bit , not sure if this is normal but it doesn't affect anything 🤟

Yeah when I lift my bike (seat all the way down) by the seat it does come up a bit , not sure if this is normal but it doesn't affect anything 🤟
Thanks I have only had it for a couple of weeks and just noticed it so then I suppose it's normal

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
Thanks I have only had it for a couple of weeks and just noticed it so then I suppose it's normal

It is not recommended to lift the bike from the seat when the post is down. Air can pass the IPF which will eventually require a full rebuild to correct. You'll end up with a post that feels like it's sucked down.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
It is not recommended to lift the bike from the seat when the post is down. Air can pass the IPF which will eventually require a full rebuild to correct. You'll end up with a post that feels like it's sucked down.
But when I just want to move the bike around that's the way I always have done it. If it's true what you say it should be a warning about it because lifting by the seat is the obvious and easiest way to move the bike

Jersey Skier

May 12, 2019
NJ, USA
But when I just want to move the bike around that's the way I always have done it. If it's true what you say it should be a warning about it because lifting by the seat is the obvious and easiest way to move the bike
I'm not saying it's not convenient. Just hit the button and raise the seat first.

Run a quick google search and you will find plenty of warnings about lifting a reverb equipped bike by the seat. Of course all these warnings are from people who's dropper now doesn't work properly, not from Sram itself.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
My reverb axs has always lifted a little bit (1/2”) when I used the seat to lift the bike. I avoid using this method.

Shortly after I installed the AXS Reverb dropper it began sinking during rides. I returned the dropper and the manufacturer rebuilt it. Haven’t had any issues since then. There’s a simple service step, for the Reverb, that takes a few minutes. (Plastic tool required).

Other than that …it’s a good dropper.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I'm not saying it's not convenient. Just hit the button and raise the seat first.

Run a quick google search and you will find plenty of warnings about lifting a reverb equipped bike by the seat. Of course all these warnings are from people who's dropper now doesn't work properly, not from Sram itself.
I have always lifted bikes by the seat when I want to move them around and the seat is mostly all the way down when I do it and front wheel on the ground so the power used isn't many pounds but of course when I hang the bike in a workstand seat is all the way up.
Who is moving the bike around by the toptube?
SRAM really should give a warning about it on their reverb instruction.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
My reverb axs has always lifted a little bit (1/2”) when I used the seat to lift the bike. I avoid using this method.

Shortly after I installed the AXS Reverb dropper it began sinking during rides. I returned the dropper and the manufacturer rebuilt it. Haven’t had any issues since then. There’s a simple service step, for the Reverb, that takes a few minutes. (Plastic tool required).

Other than that …it’s a good dropper.
Looks like I have to make a new routine and that's difficult to do since I always lift by the seat but this is my first reverb. I'll stic an Post It on the toptube as a reminder until the routine sticks to my brain.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Looks like I have to make a new routine and that's difficult to do since I always lift by the seat but this is my first reverb. I'll stic a Post It on the toptube as a reminder until the routine sticks to my brain.
I make a habit now of fully extending the AXS Reverb dropper after a ride, when not in use, or placing in the work stand. I believe that this prevents internal pressure from slowly escaping and insures good operating of the dropper. Other droppers may not need this kind of care …but other droppers are not wireless/cableless either.

Regular maintenance is key also …like any other dropper.

Polar

Jun 16, 2023
Norway
I make a habit now of fully extending the AXS Reverb dropper after a ride, when not in use, or placing in the work stand. I believe that this prevents internal pressure from slowly escaping and insures good operating of the dropper. Other droppers may not need this kind of care …but other droppers are not wireless/cableless either.

Regular maintenance is key also …like any other dropper.
One of my new habits among many other bad habits😉
IMG_2345.jpeg

RustyIron

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Jun 5, 2021
La Habra, California
I make a habit now of fully extending the AXS Reverb dropper after a ride, when not in use, or placing in the work stand. I believe that this prevents internal pressure from slowly escaping and insures good operating of the dropper.

^^^ Give that man a cigar!

When any dropper is compressed, the internal pressure is higher, and the faster the air leaks out. Leave the dropper extended when not in use, and it will be less likely to go soft.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles