Review Shimano Linkglide 10 speed drivetrain.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
I'm somewhat confused by the CUES stuff - do they run on 11 speed chains or on 10 or 11 depending on what speed they are? I read the Shimano compatibility sheet and it seemed to suggest 11.

I'm currently running a 10 speed Deore 11/46 set up with a RD5120, well actually a Sram chain on it at the moment.

If when I need a new cassette I went to a 11 48 10 speed Cues cassette would the derailleur I have do, but I'd need the U6000 shifter?
All use 11 speed chain. You need to change cassette, mech and shifter to linkglide/cues.

Perryqhill

Jul 16, 2023
Doncaster, Uk
All use 11 speed chain. You need to change cassette, mech and shifter to linkglide/cues.

I thought it was 11 speed. There's a train of thought on here and elsewhere that the derailleur is less important though (as above) and that the 10/11 speed shimano derailleurs are compatible because its more about cable pull from the shifter (despite what Shimano say) and may even be of better quality than the CUES one.

Hence It would be easier for me to pick off the shifter, cassette, chain gradually and try it and then buy the derailleur if absolutely necessary. I'm really trying to pick the brains of those that have mixed and matched.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles