Shimano 11 speed ?

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Hi guys, I've decided to change my Focus Jam2 transmission after having a few little problems and want to start from new.
I've identified the cassette as a Shimano SLX csm7000.
The rear derailleur is an Deore XT800 11 speed but I'm not sure if its a GS or SGS (i'm leaning toward SGS)
The chain ring I cannot ID.
Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

tempImageAy9OlL.jpg
tempImageGJNB4d.jpg

Beaker2135

Subscriber
May 13, 2021
Cumbria
I can’t say 100% but AFAIK SGS is the long cage version ie for the bigger range on MTB cassettes and GS is the short cage version ie road bike cassettes

Hopefully someone with real knowledge will be along shortly

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
I can’t say 100% but AFAIK SGS is the long cage version ie for the bigger range on MTB cassettes and GS is the short cage version ie road bike cassettes

Hopefully someone with real knowledge will be along shortly
That does make sense as looking at the pics on bike parts.co.uk the sgs looks like the one.

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
Think I've narrowed the chainring down to SM-CRE80 or SM-CRE80-B
The first says chain line 50mm and the second says for chain line 55mm, what does that mean?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Think I've narrowed the chainring down to SM-CRE80 or SM-CRE80-B
The first says chain line 50mm and the second says for chain line 55mm, what does that mean?
One ring will have a 5mm offset to allow for the bigger chain line, or maybe the smaller chain line! I'm never sure!

Andy.M

Nov 25, 2020
Rochester UK
One ring will have a 5mm offset to allow for the bigger chain line, or maybe the smaller chain line! I'm never sure!
I don't think anyone knows 😂
Luckily for me it was on the back of the chain ring and that begs another question, why not on the front where it's marked 34T ???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles