rosenberger cable

gristle568

Sep 12, 2023
i have a 2023 canyon spectral on and i accidently broke the plug on the cable that goes from the battery to the motor and havnt had much help getting a replacement. i have talked to canyon and have a guy at my local bike shop talking to shimano. neither place has been much help. does anybody happen to know the shimano part number for this wire? canyon usa doesnt stock parts and shimano cant seem to find the one i need since canyon doesnt use shimano batteries. surely im not the first person to need a replacement, if anybody could help somehow i appriciate it.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I can only suggest that you contact Rosenberger directly.

Edit: Just in case it is of use, Focus (a German company) use connections and cables by Rosenberger (another German company). You may have some luck at a Focus dealer.

Paul L.

Nov 30, 2022
North Georgia
My LBS was able to get the cable after working with Shimano. LBS was not that good at much else. My fix was much more complicated but the cable only took about a week. The Canyon - Shimano relationship for repairs is not that robust. I believe that this cable is a Canyon part. Contact Canyon, though his is not easy. They do not always have Chat available and I have waited up to 2.5 hours on the phone.

yoterryh

Nov 14, 2023
Portland, OR
I'm in a very similar situation here. I have a 2022 Canyon Spectral: On CF8 that I bought in December 2022. I began receiving and intermittent Shimano E020 error in September. I've only seen the error 5 times total. Each time, I've turned the bike off, then powered it back up and continued on my way.

In October I reached out to Canyon about the issue. They instructed me to take it to my LBS and that they would pay for diagnostics. The LBS coincidentally had just had another Canyon with the exact same issue. They did their diag and came back with a recommendation to replace the Rosenberger cable. Shimano, via my bike shop mechanic, claims the cables are back-ordered with no ETA. Canyon says to work with Shimano. Sigh.

Yesterday I picked up the bike while I try and figure out what to do. This morning, I emailed Canyon the receipt for the diagnostic by the LBS. This afternoon, Canyon emailed me offering a full refund for my bike and 10% off a replacement. I'm undecided about what to do. I love my bike and don't totally want to deal with the hassle of replacing it, but on the other hand, if the cables are non-existent, this may be my only option!

OP, did yo have any luck contacting Rosenberger directly?

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I dont know if the cable length and motor connection is the same but all the Spesh Levos use a Rosenberger cable to connect motor to battery.
You might get some joy inspecting your cable to look for potential problems. The original version used on the Levos has to be replaced under warranty but it was in fact quite easy to fix the problem with it DIY.
The issue with that cable was it lacked flexibility which resulted in either the outer sheath separating from the motor end plug and letting in water ( easilly fixed DIY) or the actual motor plug cracking with the same result......that could be DIY fixed if it was not too bad a crack.

failing that this may help

yoterryh

Nov 14, 2023
Portland, OR
I dont know if the cable length and motor connection is the same but all the Spesh Levos use a Rosenberger cable to connect motor to battery.
You might get some joy inspecting your cable to look for potential problems. The original version used on the Levos has to be replaced under warranty but it was in fact quite easy to fix the problem with it DIY.
The issue with that cable was it lacked flexibility which resulted in either the outer sheath separating from the motor end plug and letting in water ( easilly fixed DIY) or the actual motor plug cracking with the same result......that could be DIY fixed if it was not too bad a crack.

failing that this may help
Thanks, I'll have a look.

Antonio barron

Nov 25, 2023
México
Exactly same problem and this is what I found

IMG_4298.jpeg IMG_4300.jpeg

yoterryh

Nov 14, 2023
Portland, OR
I'm in a very similar situation here. I have a 2022 Canyon Spectral: On CF8 that I bought in December 2022. I began receiving and intermittent Shimano E020 error in September. I've only seen the error 5 times total. Each time, I've turned the bike off, then powered it back up and continued on my way.

In October I reached out to Canyon about the issue. They instructed me to take it to my LBS and that they would pay for diagnostics. The LBS coincidentally had just had another Canyon with the exact same issue. They did their diag and came back with a recommendation to replace the Rosenberger cable. Shimano, via my bike shop mechanic, claims the cables are back-ordered with no ETA. Canyon says to work with Shimano. Sigh.

Yesterday I picked up the bike while I try and figure out what to do. This morning, I emailed Canyon the receipt for the diagnostic by the LBS. This afternoon, Canyon emailed me offering a full refund for my bike and 10% off a replacement. I'm undecided about what to do. I love my bike and don't totally want to deal with the hassle of replacing it, but on the other hand, if the cables are non-existent, this may be my only option!

OP, did yo have any luck contacting Rosenberger directly?
Follow-up to my original post. Canyon offered a full refund on my old bike plus 10% off a new one. This works out to money back for me! I ordered the same bike, since I loved the old one, and just took my first ride after getting it assembled this morning. The one obvious difference is the display on the new bike has color vs monochrome on the old. Time will tell, but fingers crossed and wish me luck!

Antonio barron

Nov 25, 2023
México
Follow-up to my original post. Canyon offered a full refund on my old bike plus 10% off a new one. This works out to money back for me! I ordered the same bike, since I loved the old one, and just took my first ride after getting it assembled this morning. The one obvious difference is the display on the new bike has color vs monochrome on the old. Time will tell, but fingers crossed and wish me luck!
I may go this route, what bike did you have before and which one you ordered now?
What about motor? Is the new ep801 or same ep800? If it’s the new one, do you feel any difference?

yoterryh

Nov 14, 2023
Portland, OR
I may go this route, what bike did you have before and which one you ordered now?
What about motor? Is the new ep801 or same ep800? If it’s the new one, do you feel any difference?
Canyon Spectral:ON CF 8 is what i had and I got the exact same bike. This one has the Shimano EP801 and I think the old one had the EP800. One ride In, I can't tell any difference yet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles