Mondraker Crafty and Level frame difference or increase Crafty rear travel

lona79

Feb 23, 2020
Italy
Hi,

anyone do know the difference between those two frames?
Ok, the Level has different travels, but is it possible that the frame is the same and change just the linkage?

What do you think?
Thank you

Enduro4me

Apr 23, 2023
USA
I’m not 100% sure if they are the same frame. They look the same and geometry numbers appear to be the same. All I know is I rode the Level before buying the Crafty and it felt sluggish and noticeably heavier than the Crafty even though they are only listed as less than 2Kg difference. I prefer the feel of air shocks over coil shocks.

lona79

Feb 23, 2020
Italy
I’m not 100% sure if they are the same frame. They look the same and geometry numbers appear to be the same. All I know is I rode the Level before buying the Crafty and it felt sluggish and noticeably heavier than the Crafty even though they are only listed as less than 2Kg difference. I prefer the feel of air shocks over coil shocks.

Do you know if is it possible to increase Crafty's rear travel just changing the shock?

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
They might be the same frame just with different links. The difference in weight could just be from the larger coil shock and heavy duty tyres.

The shock on the Level is 20mm longer eye to eye and I think you might have issues with the brace in the upper link clashing with the seattube at full extension.

lona79

Feb 23, 2020
Italy
I wrote to Cascade that he said:
"We currently don't have any plans at the moment to make a link for the Crafty. BUt i will add it to the list and if we get enough interest im sure we can make it."

Therefore ... write him an email! 😬

yorkshire89

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2020
North Yorkshire
Maybe speak to Mondraker and see if buying the level link(s) and a 225x75 shock will be a straight swap if you want more travel?

Eta: If you check the Mondraker parts site you will see that the Crafty, Level, Chaser and Dusk share the same lower link, it's just the upper link that's different. I'm sure Mondraker should be able to confirm if you can just swap the links, shock and fork travel to turn your bike into a Level.

Last edited:

matejsiki8

Sep 16, 2023
Slovakia
Im sorry to inform you that front triangle is not same on Crafty and Level. So direct swap of upper linkage will not work. There is 20mm difference in bolt positin on front triangle and rear triangle is bigger too on Level.

So only hope is Cascade.

Chaser.jpg level.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles