Miranda Cranks

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
Hi

I ride a 2024 Cube Stereo 140 TM 750 (Bosch Gen4) and having ridden my mates bike with 150mm cranks which eased some of the discomfort with my old knees, I now want to fit shorter cranks to my Cube which came with 165mm.

The Miranda website refers to 2 types for the 150mm one is Q Factor 16 the other is Q Factor 0.
Am I right in assuming I need the Q16 option for my bike.

Hoping someone has fitted Miranda cranks and has the answer.

Thanks

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
I recently messaged miranda in their pop up "chat" on the site asking which cranks. They responded quite quick. I have 160 miramda cranks i bought a few years ago. Theyve been great and i thought id get some 150 or 155's. They steered me to the correct option

phlodge

Jul 2, 2019
UK
I recently messaged miranda in their pop up "chat" on the site asking which cranks. They responded quite quick. I have 160 miramda cranks i bought a few years ago. Theyve been great and i thought id get some 150 or 155's. They steered me to the correct option
Been waiting since 10:30 this morning for a reply from Miranda's online chat .. so not impressed with their customer service.
I will get the 150mm.
Not sure which Q Factor I need and they have yet to answer.

Dirtnvert

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Sep 25, 2018
BC Canada
Been waiting since 10:30 this morning for a reply from Miranda's online chat .. so not impressed with their customer service.
I will get the 150mm.
Not sure which Q Factor I need and they have yet to answer.
Oh, sorry. I think they answered the next day via email. Im in canada and them spain so i figured i was messaging them in the middle of the night.
Good luck

Hattori-Hanzo

Apr 10, 2023
UK
Just fitted some Miranda 152 cranks to my cube with a gen 4 Bosch motor.

The 152 came up on sale so I grabbed a pair. Visual quality is okay, certainly nothing to write home about, but about what I'd expect for the price. If they are strong enough to do the job I'll be happy.

Unfortunately the listing didn't state what Q factor they are, and they are around 7mm wider on each side, so 14mm overall.

E-thirteen crank
IMG_20240107_100505.jpg

Miranda Crank

IMG_20240107_122322.jpg

Going to see how I get on with them, I'm hoping they might suit me as I sometimes found my heel catching the chain stay with the e-thirteen cranks.

One question for anyone that has fitted these to a Bosch Gen 4, Did you use the stock crank bolts and if so did you notice that the outer seal/washer could be spun even when the bolt was tight?

Here you can see I've put a witness mark on the right hand side of the bolt and on the crank arm, but you can see the witness mark on the seal/washer has moved round to the left side.
I can spin the seal/washer with my finger, but the bolt is done up tight.

Is this an issue, do I need to get hold of some different crank bolts?

It's strange as the drive side seem fine and doesn't move.

IMG_20240107_124537.jpg

Cheers.

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
The part that spins is just clipped over the head of the bolt.
Its not necessarily supposed to seal the crank bolt hole, if it is tight its a bonus.
One might be a fraction bigger than the other, you could swap them over and see if it makes any difference

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles