Michelin E-Wild 2.6 tyres.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
In the case of Maxxis DD and the Michelin E Wild ect ect the more robust sidewalls give me a bit more confidence that they aren’t so susceptible to rock cuts so tend not to be so agile throughout the rock strewn and boulder clad trails that make Torridon sooo good to ride. The E Wilds far outweighed the expectations I had of them. I bought them coz they were cheap…….front and back tyre + £20 change for the cost of a Maxxis DHR II
DD. I’ll run the E Wilds down to the canvas then put the Maxxis on that I bought in case the E Wilds couldn’t cope.
The pics below show the stick the rear tyre took along with a little ding on the wheel, never flackered.

IMG_7851.jpeg IMG_7850.jpeg IMG_7852.jpeg

Thanks for all the input chaps, really appreciated 👌

Downhillr

Jul 2, 2021
SF Bay, California
I suspect the reason
In the case of Maxxis DD and the Michelin E Wild ect ect the more robust sidewalls give me a bit more confidence that they aren’t so susceptible to rock cuts so tend not to be so agile throughout the rock strewn and boulder clad trails that make Torridon sooo good to ride. The E Wilds far outweighed the expectations I had of them. I bought them coz they were cheap…….front and back tyre + £20 change for the cost of a Maxxis DHR II
DD. I’ll run the E Wilds down to the canvas then put the Maxxis on that I bought in case the E Wilds couldn’t cope.
The pics below show the stick the rear tyre took along with a little ding on the wheel, never flackered.

View attachment 140602 View attachment 140603 View attachment 140604

Thanks for all the input chaps, really appreciated 👌
I wonder if those tires are cheaper because they're earlier design?
The new e-Wild “Racing Line” F&R were just introduced in March ‘24 and changed some tech, compound & tread.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
I suspect the reason

I wonder if those tires are cheaper because they're earlier design?
The new e-Wild “Racing Line” F&R were just introduced in March ‘24 and changed some tech, compound & tread.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles