Lyrik ultimate or Zeb rc?

ab_mtb

Sep 24, 2023
Glasgow
Evening all. I'm looking to change my fork on my 23 turbo levo.
Currently running the fox 36 rythem & it's surprising plush but I find it really lacking in support on steeper trails. (I've tried different tokens & pressures to no avail).
There is currently a ridiculous price cut on the aforementioned forks + I'm wondering if I should be going for the lyrik ultimate or zeb rc.
I'm aware of the differences in the damper but the zeb is so cheap, I could throw on a secus & aftermarket damper for the cost of a zeb ultimate.
The lyrik is only £50 more expensive but not sure how these fair on heavy ebikes?
For reference in 80kg & ride a lot of natural steep trails in Scotland.
Appreciate any info or advice,
Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I used a 160mm Lyric Ultimate on my gen2 Levo Comp and have to admit it was the easiest fork I have used to set up well and took everything I could throw at it................I am about 5kg lighter than you however. I have no experience with the Zeb but use Fox 38s on both my bikes. A 38 is stiffer and capable of withstanding bigger hits and drops. I would not worry about bike weight, your choice really depends on just how rowdy the trails you ride are.............mostly in respect to bigger jumps and drops and G outs. The ZEB will be heavier than the Lyric so something else to consider.

ab_mtb

Sep 24, 2023
Glasgow
I used a 160mm Lyric Ultimate on my gen2 Levo Comp and have to admit it was the easiest fork I have used to set up well and took everything I could throw at it................I am about 5kg lighter than you however. I have no experience with the Zeb but use Fox 38s on both my bikes. A 38 is stiffer and capable of withstanding bigger hits and drops. I would not worry about bike weight, your choice really depends on just how rowdy the trails you ride are.............mostly in respect to bigger jumps and drops and G outs. The ZEB will be heavier than the Lyric so something else to consider.
Thanks for the info. I've got a lyrik on my normal bike + love it. I fancy trying out some aftermarket bits & bobs though

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles