Just bought an Orbea Rise

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Chatting with a mate this morning he was saying how he needs to sell the Orbea as he's not got a use for it. He's got the Specialized and the Trek and the Orbea just doesn't have a purpose.
When out at Hopton on the Liv at the weekend it was slightly marred by the lack of gears, brakes, suspension, dropper on the Embolden...

So he's done me the deal of a lifetime deal and it appears i now own this

IMG-20230919-WA0003 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

It seems from my account i posted once before as well about the wifes Liv Embolden, but thought i'd start a thread, read, learn as i know very very little about Eebs apart from my mates owning them. I use the wifes at certain places where time or steepness mean i get more out of it, but hers isn't really suited to some of the trails i've been riding, so thought i'd get the Orbea when offered it :)

theremotejuggernaut

Aug 2, 2022
UK
It's a good choice! Although I may be biased...

Have you ridden it yet? I was suprised by how natural it feels when pedalling. I wanted something that felt like a mountain bike with a bit of extra help and the Rise does that perfectly.

I'm getting 40 miles/7000' out of the battery and doing rides I'd never manage on a normal bike. Well, I could, but it would take me 2 days instead of one lol.

What's the plans for it? Or have you sold it already and bought something else? 😂

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
Great bike, I got one without a test ride and TBH I havent seen anything else I'd rather have at the price. Range is great - on eco over mixed rails I can get 80 miles. I changed front disk for 203mm for steeper/faster descents.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Well now it really does appear I own an ebike of my own.

IMG_20231202_132510 by Steve Weeks, on Flickr

Riding this today was absolutely superb. It's so much poppier, reactive, compliant than the full fat ebikes I've ridden, it's doesn't steam roller trails like they do.
Along with that the power delivery is way more intuitive, when you do half a pedal stroke it's very gentle, whereas the big boys at times buck you with a surge of power.
Straight lines and trails it flies down, jumps are nice, massively impressed.

When we got back to the van I said "don't put it in your van, put straight into mine"

And that as they say, was that

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles