Is the Rise Alloy's battery a "standard" battery (if there is such a thing)?

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
About to go travelling, and this is a newbie question, but is the battery in a Rise a "standard" Shimano battery that I would be able to try and source and hire at a destination? Ie is there even such a thing as a "standard" battery that can be interchanged between bikes, or is this a proprietary shape that is only for a specific model? Thanks.

hind-corners

Subscriber
Jul 11, 2022
Europe
Hi,

It’s not standard Shimano battery (few different models of them exists), and as far as I know it can be bought only directly from Orbea. Finally, it’s not fast and easy to change it.

I’ve been wondering about the same but there is no easy solution.

eddomak

Feb 4, 2022
Australia
Thanks for the reply - that's really helpful. I have taken the battery out a couple of times before (brake cable swap) and I think I could install one in around 15-30 mins, so that's not too bad all up.

I wonder if one day "in the future" it might be possible to just remove the main battery and hire a "universal extender/external" battery that could be plugged into any eMTB.

Tonybro

🦾 The Bionic Man 🦿
Subscriber
Jan 15, 2021
Lancashire
You could just get the extender to give some extra range/mileage but I wouldn't think many places would have any for hire (small market). Again only available from Orbea. I have one for my Carbon Rise (M not H) but I think the H one is slightly different. It is here's the link.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles