Hey everyone just picked up my first emtb a 2019 kenovo

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Hopefully you got it for a very good price as if it's got motor, battery or suspension issues this can quickly get very expensive.
Post some pics up when it's done👍

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
Is this the one with no grips and wheels that was on marketplace in Newport?

Last edited:

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
I’d this the one with no grips and wheels that was on marketplace in Newport?
it was indeed its not in awful shape to be fair ive stripped most of it down forks and shock are all in working order, It had a TTX22 on it so im hoping its mostly superficial, To be fair if I break even on it I don't mind, it will be a fun project.

Reactions: Dax

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
Hopefully you got it for a very good price as if it's got motor, battery or suspension issues this can quickly get very expensive.
Post some pics up when it's done👍
debating on powder coating the ally Frame or just fill, sand and respray. Will probably ride wrap it.
The beauty of large battery cavities when doing cable routing

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Do the electric bits work? Rear shock is incredibly tough, they just keep on working

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
Do the electric bits work? Rear shock is incredibly tough, they just keep on working
Motor has water damage and pack has dropped to 18v so might be dead, looking to see if I can get it repacked or recover the cells as might just be low voltage. The rubber buttons on the battery have leaked causing corrosion on the control panel part. Though none of the rest of the battery looks damaged just low voltage.

Stripped everything down last night looks like it just needs

New drivetrain
Brakes rebuild
New discs
Test motor
Renew battery
Loosen seized dropper post
New seat
Front wheel looked like it was wobbling so think it might have the wrong sized hub
Good clean
New grips
New cables

Bear in mind I paid £400 for it.

IMG_1606.png View attachment IMG_1605.jpeg IMG_1604.jpeg

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
Motor has water damage and pack has dropped to 18v so might be dead, looking to see if I can get it repacked or recover the cells as might just be low voltage. The rubber buttons on the battery have leaked causing corrosion on the control panel part. Though none of the rest of the battery looks damaged just low voltage.

Stripped everything down last night looks like it just needs

New drivetrain
Brakes rebuild
New discs
Test motor
Renew battery
Loosen seized dropper post
New seat
Front wheel looked like it was wobbling so think it might have the wrong sized hub
Good clean
New grips
New cables

Bear in mind I paid £400 for it.

View attachment 139942 View attachment 139943 View attachment 139944
Does anyone know if the later series batteries m2/m3 are backward compatible ?

EDIT: Spoke with specialized they advise only battery i can use is the m1 500wh

Last edited:

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
So new development ive taken the wheels off and they have cup and cone hubs, unbranded rims so no idea if they're any good, 27.5 on the back 29 on the front any recommendations for a wheel set ? doesn't need to be mega just enough for the trails.

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
Hope/dt Swiss is good combo, but probably cost more than you paid for the bike. A take off wheel set from someone upgrading might be a cheaper option.

They’re not mulleted at standard, is that something you’re planning?

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
Hope/dt Swiss is good combo, but probably cost more than you paid for the bike. A take off wheel set from someone upgrading might be a cheaper option.

They’re not mulleted at standard, is that something you’re planning?
It doesn’t have the original fork, someone’s put a Rockshox 35 gold on it. I don’t mind the 29 on the front and if I’m replacing the wheels anyway the fork is in good enough condition and with 150 travel not too much of a hit to the geometry. Found a set of nukeproov horizon v2 mullets on eBay for £350 might go for those

Reactions: Dax

Dax

May 25, 2018
FoD
It’d be fun to try as a mullet, last time I ride mine, was thinking I prefer a mullet now.

Roxxers

May 8, 2024
Wales
It’d be fun to try as a mullet, last time I ride mine, was thinking I prefer a mullet now.
Finally got everything apart frame will be getting painted next and will need to replace all the bearings as a few of them seem quite rough.

Got the motor out and realised the motor battery cable was broken, so I’ll need to repair/source a replacement for that.

Also need to test this motor to check it works

View attachment IMG_1661.jpeg View attachment IMG_1662.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles