Levo Gen 2 Handle length and height

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
Hey guys.

Just sharing my experience.

For Base info this is my stats.
I'm 174cm tall and 90kg (gain some weight, thx covid). All geared up I must weight 95 or more.

Anyway, I have an sworks Levo 2021, after 600km rode I noticed I had trouble with my handling.

After much research I decided to cut my handles and lower the height.

Original: 780mm -> 760mm
Height: 3 collar rings (i forgot the name) to 2

I gotta say, it's incredible the difference it made. Felt quicker, stable, more in control.

Have my baseline if anyone has the same issue.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
both of which would have increased the percentage of your upper body weight over the front wheel. Narrower bars bring your chest further forward, and reducing stem height makes it easier to apply more of your upper body weight over the front wheel. Whether that is a good idea for other riders depends on their starting position in terms of bike fit so is not really transferable information.

EDIT: Narrower bars bring your chest back not forward!! Sorry to confuse. So in effect your changes have possibly cancelled each other out!!

Last edited:

MSH

Nov 8, 2020
Spain
both of which would have increased the percentage of your upper body weight over the front wheel. Narrower bars bring your chest further forward, and reducing stem height makes it easier to apply more of your upper body weight over the front wheel. Whether that is a good idea for other riders depends on their starting position in terms of bike fit so is not really transferable information.
Exactly, that's why I put my base stats there. It might not be 100 transferable information(maybe others have long ass arms in comparison of their sizes) but it seems to work on average my size (research results from pros, amateurs and all). It seems that I really needed to put my weight in front.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
OOps...correct! Thanks for correcting me! I will edit my mistake!

Last edited:

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Nope......think of a press up. Your arms start at shoulder width so it is not a triangle. Your longest reach is when each arm is a 90 degrees to your chest. Spread your arms wider than that and your chest becomes closer to the bars. ( Ultimately if the bars were as wide as your span finger tip one hand to finger tip on the other hand, your chest would be resting on the bars!)

The OP is bringing his arms inward. And I seriously doubt his shoulder joint distance is >780mm (it’s probably much narrower). The OP is placing his upper body slightly away from the bar by narrowing it.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The OP is bringing his arms inward. And I seriously doubt his shoulder joint distance is >780mm (it’s probably much narrower). The OP is placing his upper body slightly away from the bar by narrowing it.
yes: you caught my post before I deleted it having realized my error!

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
Don't worry @Mikerb it is what is known as a brain fart. We know exactly what we mean, but somehow the words don't come out right. It happens to me all the time (as you may have noticed). Gary spots mine with almost 100% accuracy. :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles