Levo Gen 2 Fix for noisy gen2 levo motor.

nikwilko

May 8, 2024
Uk
Specialized levo carbon comp 2019, originally bought online from leisurelakes 5yrs back. Approx 1300miles so far, motor always loud but lately at CyB blasting round beast in turbo mode and this BH 2days in peaks again turbo mode edale/kinder loop now sounds like ive disturbed a hornets nest. In past acfew times under load climbing cyclic clacking which i initially thought was sprag clutch failure but moving the chain guide seemed to sort that so i think the clutches are ok. Crank spins freely backwards and feels smooth fwd so dont think bearings too bad.
Considering sending motor to performance line bearings for upgrade & service but worried the loud buzzing is a sign of upcoming motor failure which i expert is non serviceable.
So alternative is new motor from berkshire coded to my tcu.

Question ive got is the loud buzzing root cause the motor as opposed to the crankshaft/pinion gearset & bearings and is service / upgrade a waste of money..

Trying to avoid being left stranded miles from home, as a diabetic thats a complication id rather avoid.

Also 2.5hrs away from berkshire so cant just pop in, my lbs refuse to touch anything they havent sold.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Hampshire UK
Sent it in for servicing before you ruin it further, possibly rendering it irreparable or adding further to the repair cost.

nikwilko

May 8, 2024
Uk
Short clip Not well, largest cog, turbo mode, mechanical failure which is servicable or electric motor failure and for the bin.

Last edited:

High Rock Ruti

May 13, 2019
Massachusetts
Specialized levo carbon comp 2019, originally bought online from leisurelakes 5yrs back. Approx 1300miles so far, motor always loud but lately at CyB blasting round beast in turbo mode and this BH 2days in peaks again turbo mode edale/kinder loop now sounds like ive disturbed a hornets nest. In past acfew times under load climbing cyclic clacking which i initially thought was sprag clutch failure but moving the chain guide seemed to sort that so i think the clutches are ok. Crank spins freely backwards and feels smooth fwd so dont think bearings too bad.
Considering sending motor to performance line bearings for upgrade & service but worried the loud buzzing is a sign of upcoming motor failure which i expert is non serviceable.
So alternative is new motor from berkshire coded to my tcu.

Question ive got is the loud buzzing root cause the motor as opposed to the crankshaft/pinion gearset & bearings and is service / upgrade a waste of money..

Trying to avoid being left stranded miles from home, as a diabetic thats a complication id rather avoid.

Also 2.5hrs away from berkshire so cant just pop in, my lbs refuse to touch anything they havent sold.
High Rock Ruti

Switch to a Bosch

Warm Regards Ruti

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles