Dirty Levo bearing.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Why is it my top bearing On Levo is always filthy compared to bottom one. Been like that since new .Probably go through 2 top to one bottom bearings I reckon. Quite dirty with grit inside if you take TCU off so I'm thinking it's coming in through internal cable routing holes in frame. I'm going to put something round outside of headset with velcro fastenings and try and plug the cable holes. Is it only me.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
The upper bearing on my headset was very dirty. Regular maintenance was necessary since that bearing was not a sealed type. I’ve since upgraded those bearings but still do a regular maintenance …albeit not as often.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
The upper bearing on my headset was very dirty. Regular maintenance was necessary since that bearing was not a sealed type. I’ve since upgraded those bearings but still do a regular maintenance …albeit not as
They are sealed but whole thing is filthy. I've fitted new headset but still wondering how it's getting so bad. 🤔

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
swat tool........take it out and tape across where it goes for a couple of rides and see if that makes a difference. I dont think dirt etc is going to travel uphill to the headset from the frame cable entry points. (unless you wash the bike upside down!!)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles