Crestline RS 75/50 Copper Edition - bike check & first ride impressions

Chaboi

Sep 4, 2023
Wa
Great video, I am hoping to have mine next week. I echo the sentiments regarding Troydon, he's been wonderful start to finish. Can you describe what you had to do to get the bike built up?

Jorow47

May 1, 2021
Glasgow
Great video, I am hoping to have mine next week. I echo the sentiments regarding Troydon, he's been wonderful start to finish. Can you describe what you had to do to get the bike built up?
Nothing major. Wheels to tubeless (comes tubeless ready); Install one up dropper - good cable cutters recommended (you will need to cut the cable to length); Install drivetrain & set this up (there's a couple of good vids on YouTube on this - just follow the SRAM vid & its all good); My chain was attached to the chain ring & to the drivetrain (which was not attached to the bike) so the chain had a number of kinks & a twist caused in transport - spent a bit of time unravelling. Install the battery clip onto the battery & figure out how to get it to work lol (I ended up asking Troydon & he sent me a graphic). That's about it other than the usual peddles etc. I also put the Ride Wrap protection on it - took about 4 hours......Enjoy the bike when it comes!

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I want to see more speed on the down!. More jandle! get roudy and ride it harder. I don't expect to see Sam Blinkensop speeds. Just more fire roosting down. Afterall its a 175mm bike!. It can handle it! let go of the brakes and marvel at the next level of ridiculousness this bike can provide.

Jorow47

May 1, 2021
Glasgow
I want to see more speed on the down!. More jandle! get roudy and ride it harder. I don't expect to see Sam Blinkensop speeds. Just more fire roosting down. Afterall its a 175mm bike!. It can handle it! let go of the brakes and marvel at the next level of ridiculousness this bike can provide.
To be fair, first ride down on the bike & doing the vid so was cruising. Will be pushing it more at the weekend with no Gopro to worry about :)

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
To be fair, first ride down on the bike & doing the vid so was cruising. Will be pushing it more at the weekend with no Gopro to worry about :)
Well I think you are doing your review a disservice if you load up a video of riding slow when you can ride faster.

I for one discount any reviewer that displays low skill or speed. Particularly for big travel bikes. How can they offer any advice that tells a prospective buy how the bike really rides when pushed if they aren't pushing it?

My advice would be to get a few laps under your belt then ride that trail you rode with speed. Its looked like a sweet tech trail. You dont need to be talking. Slap the chest mount on, hit go then ride it like you stole it.

That will give a huge amount of gravitas to your reviews.

Chaboi

Sep 4, 2023
Wa
Well I think you are doing your review a disservice if you load up a video of riding slow when you can ride faster.

I for one discount any reviewer that displays low skill or speed. Particularly for big travel bikes. How can they offer any advice that tells a prospective buy how the bike really rides when pushed if they aren't pushing it?

My advice would be to get a few laps under your belt then ride that trail you rode with speed. Its looked like a sweet tech trail. You dont need to be talking. Slap the chest mount on, hit go then ride it like you stole it.

That will give a huge amount of gravitas to your reviews.
I’ll be honest my guy, he took the time to share his thoughts and his experience and from where I stand you’re coming across fairly rude. There’s a broad spectrum of riding and riders and I feel like what he displayed is absolutely normal skill level. The terrain is clearly rocky, steep, technical and we can see how fast he’s going right on the top tube. I don’t think he’s going slow at all. He might not be an EWS sponsored guy but he’s not below average in the slightest. There’s a reason those dudes who are ripping aren’t recording their thoughts out loud when they ride, it’s hard. Track previews by pros are also run at slower speeds than they would otherwise ride.

We can hear/see how this bike feels at this speed doing jumps and steeps for the average guy riding a bike. And unless you’re a pro, you are also average. I’m happy he took the time to do this, so I can hear what it feels like to ride from someone who doesn’t hit every triple and whips all the jumps. These bikes are also quite rare, the reviews out are mostly written copy and we have no idea how the riders looked while riding them. I’m just glad we have the content, I get mine Tuesday and I couldn’t be more stoked.

Plummet

Flash Git
Mar 16, 2023
New Zealand
I’ll be honest my guy, he took the time to share his thoughts and his experience and from where I stand you’re coming across fairly rude. There’s a broad spectrum of riding and riders and I feel like what he displayed is absolutely normal skill level. The terrain is clearly rocky, steep, technical and we can see how fast he’s going right on the top tube. I don’t think he’s going slow at all. He might not be an EWS sponsored guy but he’s not below average in the slightest. There’s a reason those dudes who are ripping aren’t recording their thoughts out loud when they ride, it’s hard. Track previews by pros are also run at slower speeds than they would otherwise ride.

We can hear/see how this bike feels at this speed doing jumps and steeps for the average guy riding a bike. And unless you’re a pro, you are also average. I’m happy he took the time to do this, so I can hear what it feels like to ride from someone who doesn’t hit every triple and whips all the jumps. These bikes are also quite rare, the reviews out are mostly written copy and we have no idea how the riders looked while riding them. I’m just glad we have the content, I get mine Tuesday and I couldn’t be more stoked.
Well he said he could go faster. My advice... get a couple of runs in and go faster. Then do the ride impression. You can have sections showing speeds and ripping and talking section. IMO that would make for a better review.

You are right, there is very little actual footage/reviews on the 75/50. So I too was keen to see it in action. I guess I wanted to see the review riding going similar speeds to what I would ride. I admit I hadn't thought about guys who ride at those slower speeds enjoying the slower speed video.

I found the same issue when looking for footage on the Pole Voima. There was a smattering of Pole pro riders hitting stuff, but very very few footage of the 190mm bike being put through its paces to its full extent or anywhere near close to it.

I get that it can sound rude. But also if everybody is happy happy joy joy and there is no advice for improvement then do we improve? I'm simply offering my advice for a improvement that might increase his channel membership. Get some sneaky practice in. Dial in a bit then do the "initial impression" ride with a bit of gusto.

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC

Totally agree. Awesome video and thank you for taking the time. We will all get fast together. Stoked.

ragnor

Apr 23, 2020
U.K.
Crestline 75/50 Copper edition bike check & first impressions. Been having some fun on this in the tweed valley! Check out the YouTube video
View attachment 124384
Many congratulations on your miraculous recovery. Last I heard from you on 3rd August was "Got a medical issue that won't be sorted until next year so I can't ride until then"
Crestline 75/50 Copper edition bike check & first impressions. Been having some fun on this in the tweed valley! Check out the YouTube video
View attachment 124384

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
Great video - thank you! Mine’s here next week! Glad to hear Sram brakes are solid. Usually go Shimano but will give them a chance. Thanks again!

RiderOnTheStorm

I’ll be honest my guy, he took the time to share his thoughts and his experience and from where I stand you’re coming across fairly rude.
I also thought the video was great and very informative. I don't understand the criticism. Why would he ride his bike like he stole it! He just bought it! :LOL:

Super job @Jorow47!

Last edited:

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Crestline 75/50 Copper edition bike
Great video and thanks for the review.

Just curious, and you may have mentioned it, what bar width are you using? They seem wide for your geometry, but that could just be angle of view (video) or your personal preference.

Btw, nice trail.

Jorow47

May 1, 2021
Glasgow
Great video and thanks for the review.

Just curious, and you may have mentioned it, what bar width are you using? They seem wide for your geometry, but that could just be angle of view (video) or your personal preference.

Btw, nice trail.
It comes with 800mm, but I cut them down to 760mm which is my normal, so probably the wide angle of the gopro

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
Still waiting for mine (come on UPS!) - not urgent, what the rise on the one up bars. Looks like 20mm, I usually ride 35…

Thanks - this isn’t important… I’m just getting impatient!

Chaboi

Sep 4, 2023
Wa
Mine was delivered on Tuesday but was damaged in transit. Amazing customer service got replacement bits shipped to me literally same day. I pick it up tomorrow after the wrap is completed. First ride review to come

Jorow47

May 1, 2021
Glasgow
Mine was delivered on Tuesday but was damaged in transit. Amazing customer service got replacement bits shipped to me literally same day. I pick it up tomorrow after the wrap is completed. First ride review to come
Sorry to hear something got damaged. Can't wait to get your first ride impressions

Chaboi

Sep 4, 2023
Wa
The rear triangle had a piece of the protective foam dislodge en route and it was rubbing on the box/unprotected during shipping so it was scratched. we got it sorted so fast that all was good. i Snag it from the shop later today

NCeMTB

Dec 24, 2020
Raleigh NC
Great job! Place looks amazing. You mentioned a rattle from some plastic. I’m chasing a rattle on mine as well. Would you mind giving the specifics of what you found please? Thank you!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles