Compatible chain ring for Cube Reaction Hybrid One.

airingcupboard

Jul 3, 2023
Norway
I’m on the hunt for a new chainring for a Cube Reaction One 2022. The bike has a Bosch motor and 38t. Can anyone recommend a drop in replacement or know the specs for this part. Cube haven’t given me any info. I just know it needs to be 10 speed compatible and the chain was an KMC X-10 and is a whole part rather than a ring alone. There is a chain guard. The motor is 4th gen.

Otherwise if anyone knows the offsets / chainline it requires I can go from there.

Thanks.

Peter

Attachments

• cube reaction hybrid one 625 black´n´metal.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 139

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Direct Mount
Bosch CX ( recognizable by the ISIS shaped centre )
38T
8,9,10,11 Speed
Boost ( 3mm offset/52mm chainline) or Non Boost to match whatever rear hub you have *

*A boost rear hub is 148mm. Non boost is 142mm..............there are also 135 rear hubs. No idea which you have on that bike.
A Boost rear hub is 3mm wider on each side....hence the chainring is offset by 3mm.........the aim is to get a straight chainline when the chain is on the middle rear cassette cog.

airingcupboard

Jul 3, 2023
Norway
Direct Mount
38T
8,9,10,11 Speed
Boost ( 3mm offset/52mm chainline) or Non Boost to match whatever rear hub you have *

*A boost rear hub is 148mm. Non boost is 142mm..............there are also 135 rear hubs. No idea which you have on that bike.
A Boost rear hub is 3mm wider on each side....hence the chainring is offset by 3mm.........the aim is to get a straight chainline when the chain is on the middle rear cassette cog.
Thanks. That’s solid information and gives me an understanding of what to look out for.

airingcupboard

Jul 3, 2023
Norway
Direct Mount
38T
8,9,10,11 Speed

It’s a Shimano Deore CS-M4100 Cassette 10-speed 11-42 teeth by the way.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The only importance with regards the cassette is that it is 10 speed. 8/9/10 speed chains are all the same width which is what matters as far as the chainring is concerned..................so for example you do not want a chainring compatible with Eagle/Shimano 12 speed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles