Changing crank arms on Bosch CX

RacerX

Nov 19, 2023
Austin Texas
Hello out there. It looks like I will need a special crank arm puller tool to change my crank arms on my Bosch CX for Orbea Wild. Is that correct?

Husky430

E*POWAH Elite
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
s-l1600.jpg

I modified a cheap PITMAN-ARM puller for a car, just had to grind down the tips a bit so that they would slide between the crank arm and the motor, remove the retaining bolt and insert a small socket so that sat at the end of the crank shaft and presto, off they came with a few turns of the bolt. You can pick up one of these pretty much any cheap auto store or on line, this was advertised for $14 Australian, about 7 pounds UK or about $9 USA.

irie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
May 2, 2022
Chichester, W.Sussex, UK
View attachment 136274

I modified a cheap PITMAN-ARM puller for a car, just had to grind down the tips a bit so that they would slide between the crank arm and the motor, remove the retaining bolt and insert a small socket so that sat at the end of the crank shaft and presto, off they came with a few turns of the bolt. You can pick up one of these pretty much any cheap auto store or on line, this was advertised for $14 Australian, about 7 pounds UK or about $9 USA.
I have a crank puller for motorcycles, but instead of messing around with it decided to buy the Park Tool CCP-44.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles