Canyon Protection Foils, anyone buy it?

lovespicyfood

Nov 24, 2023
California
Hey All,

Looking at likely getting a Spectral ON CF 8 and confused about the "protection foils" for $29.99. I even live chatted and the rep could give me nothing about the product, no manual or description or anything?! :confused:

Have any of your purchased this? Doing a translation on some of the reviews, seems like it's a kit of protective film that is already applied onto the stock bike? I don't know, though, it seems one review says the film for the downtube is too long which contradicts it being a stock applied film kit?!

I usually put 3M film on parts of my frame myself but thought this would be better...

lovespicyfood

Nov 24, 2023
California
Yea. Wondering if I made a mistake buying another Canyon, pulled the trigger on a Spectral ON CF8 the other day. The proprietary bottle cage is out of stock and listed back in stock for summer of '24. W.T.H. Apparently it's in stock outside the U.S. Seems ridiculous that they couldn't do something...probably should have waited to get a YT...

lovespicyfood

Nov 24, 2023
California
I have to say, despite my bitchin', the stock frame protection on my Spectral ON has far surpassed my expectations. I'm surprised Canyon doesn't detail this on their website, they do a disservice to themselves.
Besides the obvious chainstay protection, there's quite a bit of clear protective film throughout the frame. The entire underside of the downtube has film on it. Key areas on the outside of the triangle have film as well. I most appreciate the film they put on the inside of the triangle nearest the seat tube...that's a area prone to issues but very hard to cut and fit yourself. I had ordered a ride wrap but after seeing this stock protection, I'm going to cancel that order.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles