Bosch Flow App - News & Updates

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
The app simply enabled and disabled them. It appears that some manufacturers choose to not install all of the available modes for whatever reason.
They went with the Bosch advised profiles for that type of bike they manufactured.

Auto mode is a profile for city bikes and commuters.

anyone asked a dealer for cargo mode? never know when you need to haul ass on your MTB :D

People who don't have auto and want it need to visit a dealer it's that simple
I thought eMTB was the auto mode
technically youre correct
Tour+ EMTB and Auto are all automatic modes that switch assistance levels depending on the circumstances.

Auto mode is designed to maintain speed, so it kicks in more when the bike starts losing speed due to wind, a climb etc.

• ideal for eCity, eTrekking, eUrban bikes and S-pedelecs

Last edited:

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
They went with the Bosch advised profiles for that type of bike they manufactured.

Auto mode is a profile for city bikes and commuters.

anyone asked a dealer for cargo mode? never know when you need to haul ass on your MTB :D

People who don't have auto and want it need to visit a dealer it's that simple
Except the reasoning as to why is important. When an update is pushed out through the app and additional options are made available to some and not others, at least for me, troubleshooting mode starts to verify that I'm getting updates correctly. Especially before bringing it in for service when the issue could be user solvable.

Not every response should be immediately go to a dealer. Forums exist for a reason ;)

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
but it was long established many pages back that not everyone had the extra profiles loaded into the drive by the manufacturer..
people are still coming out with "but I had them from the update"

it's just going around in circles for about 6 pages
It's a mode not expected to be used on EMTB anyway.

maybe not having AUTO mode is a sign that the manufacturer actually bothered to use the correct profiles for the bike and doesn't just do a one size fits all across their whole range of bikes.

if you really want to try it then yes, it sucks to have to visit a dealer, your probably having to pay 15 or whatever for the pleasure.
but its not a mode for EMTB anyway so no one is really missing out.

how many people are still using auto? did the novelty wear off yet?

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co
but it was long established many pages back that not everyone had the extra profiles loaded into the drive by the manufacturer..

maybe not having AUTO mode is a sign that the manufacturer isn't using the exact same motor settings across it's range of bikes and actually bothered to try and tailor the bike for it's specific purpose.

Not having AUTO might not be a bad thing
Yes because the reasoning is buried across multiple posts instead of in a concise way, hence why I ended my question with a concise answer to my initial question.

batmantis

Sep 7, 2023
Denver, co

maybe not having AUTO mode is a sign that the manufacturer isn't using the exact same motor settings across it's range of bikes and actually bothered to try and tailor the bike for it's specific purpose.

Not having AUTO might not be a bad thing
Yes because the reasoning is buried across multiple posts instead of in a concise way, hence why I ended my question with a concise answer to my initial question.
He who can read, is clearly in advantage. 😉
I'm glad you find this worth your time to comment about. 🤷‍♂️

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles