Are Cube wheels really 'tubeless ready?

withersea

Apr 2, 2023
Leeds, UK
New bike arrives tomorrow and will want to convert to tubeless on arrival, but have an opportunity to go to bike shop today.

Cube list the wheel as tubeless ready. Does anyone know if this means that rim tape is fitted, so I'll only need to fit valves and sealant?

Cheers

Richywalker64

Nov 14, 2020
Hartlepool
I converted my 2022 Cube recently
I managed to get the rear to seal ok using the rim tape that was in but not the rear, I had to replace the tape
I think maybe if I had converted it before using the bike I may have got away with the original tape but I couldn't get a seal around the valve
The original rim tape on mine was similar to Gorilla tape but blue in colour

Colin1517

Mar 14, 2023
Lancashire
I have a 2022 cube stereo 160 that I converted to tubeless last week. I had to remove the rim tape and replace it as I couldn’t get a seal, the original tape looked ok but was leaking air (same blue gorilla type tape). I had a Peatys conversion kit so removed the original tape and replaced with the Peatys stuff and it sealed first time.
You might be lucky though 🤞

Tony4wd

Subscriber
Aug 3, 2022
Australia
My Cubes came with a blue strip over the spoke holes to protect the tube but it's not tape. You need to remove that and apply proper tubeless tape.
Some tubeless tapes are easier to apply than others too - the best I've used so far is e-thirteen; it's flexible and sticky. The worst I've used is Schwable - not very sticky at all.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles